U.S. Bank is looking for someone to fill the position of Farm, Ranch, and Timber Asset Manager in Fargo, North Dakota. Get more details and apply for the position at this link.
First Wealth Management is seeking a Farm Manager in our Soy Capital facility in Kankakee. Visit www.firstmid.com/careers to apply for the position.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for farm management, rural land appraisals, and support functions for farm and trust services. Also responsible for being a representative of the Bank and the department within the local agricultural business communities.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of farm management, decision making, technical analysis and planning.
- Responsible for operations and recordkeeping, and tax information reporting for Wealth Management Customers.
- Provides professional counseling and consulting to existing and future customers.
- Represents buyers and/or seller in farmland real estate brokerage transactions.
- Completes rural land appraisals, maintains comparable sales files, and provides professional testimony.
- Administers trusts, estates, agency accounts and land trusts.
- Provides technical, financial and business planning services to bank agricultural customers.
- Responsible for marketing crop insurance to our existing bank agricultural customers as well as prospective bank agricultural customers.
- Coordinates the cross-selling of other Bank services with officers in charge of trust, retail deposits, retail lending, commercial lending and cash management.
- Participates as a member of various Trust/Farm committees as assigned.
- Represent the Bank and provide leadership in key community activities and committees. Participate in professional associations; attend conventions, conferences and seminars.
- Completed required training associated with job function.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Thorough knowledge of Company’s product and services.
- High level of analytical skills to conduct farm account analysis and maintain account’s progress in consideration of market trends, interest rates, economic conditions and other factors.
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise personnel.
- High level of interpersonal skills to interact with customers and potential customers in a professional manner.
- Adequate knowledge of both internal policies and procedures and the respective state and federal laws and regulations governing departmental functions to ensure performance of individual job duties within the proper control environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Agriculture or a related field, practical knowledge of crop production and marketing and the equivalent of five plus years of experience in industry.
- Illinois Real Estate Broker license (currently have or obtain).
This Job Description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the individual assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.