The titles “AFM,” “ARA,” “RPRA,” and “AAC” are professional titles: “Accredited Farm Manager,” “Accredited Rural Appraiser,” “Real Property Review Appraiser,” “Accredited Agricultural Consultant”, respectively. All titles are marks of professional competence and achievement and are conferred by the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers. The title “CAC,” “Certified Agricultural Consultant,” is conferred by the American Society of Agricultural Consultants.
Real Property Review Appraisers meet the following qualifications:
- five years of experience as an appraiser with one year of experience as a Review Appraiser
- shown evidence of being “Certified General Real Property Appraiser”
- completed and passed the required appraisal and ethics courses
- passed an accrediting examination consisting of written, oral, and case study sections
- continued to update their appraisal ability by attending educational courses and seminars
- a four-year college degree or the equivalent