The titles “AFM,” “ARA,” “RPRA,” and “AAC” are professional titles: “Accredited Farm Manager,” “Accredited Rural Appraiser,” “Real Property Review Appraiser,” “Accredited Agricultural Consultant”, respectively. All titles are marks of professional competence and achievement and are conferred by the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers. The title “CAC,” “Certified Agricultural Consultant,” is conferred by the American Society of Agricultural Consultants.
Accredited Farm Managers meet the following qualifications:
- five or more years experience managing land for others for a fee or salary
- submitted a management report demonstrating their ability to analyze management problems and perform management functions according to required standards
- completed and passed the required management and ethics courses
- passed an accrediting exam consisting of written, oral, and case study sections
- continued to update their management ability by attending educational courses and seminars
- a four-year college degree or the equivalent