The titles “AFM,” “ARA,” “RPRA,” and “AAC” are professional titles: “Accredited Farm Manager,” “Accredited Rural Appraiser,” “Real Property Review Appraiser,” “Accredited Agricultural Consultant”, respectively. All titles are marks of professional competence and achievement and are conferred by the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers. The title “CAC,” “Certified Agricultural Consultant,” is conferred by the American Society of Agricultural Consultants.
Accredited & Certified Agricultural Consultants meet the following qualifications:
- five years experience as an agricultural consultant
- completed and passed the required consulting and ethics courses and an additional 60 hours of study related to their special field of consulting
- submitted a report that demonstrates the ability of the applicant
- passed an accrediting examination consisting of written, oral, and case study sections
- continued to update their consulting ability by attending educational courses and seminars.
- a four-year college degree or the equivalent.